Mayor – Stephen Aldridge
Councilors – Randy Chavez, Jim Ellison, Amelia Trevino,
Stacy Ward, Donnie Smith and Lorenzo Chacon
CITY OF JAL COUNCIL
REGULAR MEETING AGENDA
Monday March 22nd, 2021 – 5:30 pm
Council Chambers, City Hall, 309 Main – Jal, NM
- COUNCIL CONVENES
- CALL TO ORDER
- ROLL CALL
- PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
- MAYORS COMMENTS
- APPROVAL OF AGENDA
- APPROVAL OF MARCH 8TH, 2021 REGULAR MEETING MINUTES
- PUBLIC COMMENT (Limit to 3 minutes)
- TREASURER REPORTS
a. Signor/CED Lease Reports
b. GRT Monthly Tax Report
d. Accounts Receivable
e. Accounts Payable
- CITY MANAGER REPORT
Consideration of approval for:
- Resolution #2021-34, authorizing the City of Jal to enter into a loan agreement (CWSRF #105) with New Mexico Environment Department (NMED) for the purpose of obtaining project loan funds for the construction of a new Wastewater Alternate Disposal System.
- Resolution #2021-35, authorizing the assignment of authorized officer(s) and agent(s) for loan agreement (CWSRF #105) with NMED.
- First Reading of Ordinance #2021-007, authorizing the publication of an ordinance authorizing the City of Jal to enter into a loan agreement with New Mexico Environment Department (NMED) for the purpose of obtaining project loan funds for the construction of a new Wastewater Alternate Disposal System.
- COUNCILOR COMMENTS
- CLOSED EXECUTIVE SESSION ON CONSIDERATION OF LEGAL MATTERS
Closed Session to discuss matters subject to the attorney-client privilege relating to pending or threatened litigation, pursuant to NMSA1978, Section 10-15-1 (H)(7) and to discuss the purchase, acquisition or disposal of real property or water rights, pursuant to NMSA 1978, Section 10-15-1 (H)(8):
- Dinwiddie N/K/A Intrepid Potash and Beckham N/K/A NGL water rights protest
- NGL/Carlsbad water rights protest Applications 4239-42
If you have an individual with a disability who is in need of a reader, amplifier, qualified sign language interpreter, or any other form of auxiliary aid or service to attend or participate in the hearing of meetings, please contact the Jal City Clerk at 575-395-3340 at least one (1) week prior to the meeting or as soon as possible. Public documents, including the agenda and minutes, can be provided in various accessible formats. Please contact the City Clerk if a summary or other type of accessible format is needed.